Single WITH A LIFE (SWAL) is an organization founded on 13th February 2015, which seeks to bring together singles to enable them make good use of their time by developing themselves spiritually, mentally, emotionally, financially, socially, morally, physically, etc. and discovering their purpose BEFORE Marriage.
SWAL prepares those in relationships with counseling based on Biblical principles.
SWAL also seeks to enable members effectively use their talents/gifts by making use of the opportunities available to them at home, church, school and the community at large.
Most of the equipping SWAL gives to her members is done through daily discussions on topics related to singles on our two International WhatsApp groups currently made up of more than 350 singles in total from Ghana, Nigeria, Botswana and United Kingdom. Our Facebook page currently have almost 15,000 followers across the globe.
There is also a weekly Facebook live broadcast where singles are equipped to learn how to pray for themselves, how to make wise decisions leading to effective and productive living, listen to messages on marriage by other motivational speakers and ask questions etc.
The SWAL yearly Effective Singles Conference which is currently being held in Ghana and will be held in other countries in future is also, one of the ways singles are equipped with real life experiences and tips on how to navigate through the challenges of life and still live effectively.
SWAL serves as a support group for those who may be struggling with the challenges of singleness and helps transform their mindsets to accept the fact that, they can do and be all that they desire to be or achieve in life with or without a husband/wife.
SWAL emphasis on Effective singleness with the aim to produce singles who will live their purpose and be fulfilled individuals. This we believe will enable them to be equipped for life itself and not only for marriage because for some singles, marriage might never come!
SWAL is opened to all singles from the age of 16 who are willing to live by Biblical Principles.
The foundational scripture upon which SWAL operates is Luke 14: 28-30 and John 10:10
SWAL is NOT a dating site or a place to search for boyfriends/girlfriends although, we hope to produce fulfilled men/women after God’s heart who will be great partners to their spouses in future if they should embark on the marriage journey.
SWAL MOTTO: Equipping Singles for Purpose and Better Marriage
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
My name is Peace Amewowor. I was born in Ghana but resides in the United Kingdom. I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacology from Kingston University London and S.A.C .Diploma (Cognitive behaviour therapy) with an ABC award from Stonebridge College London. I have completed certificate level counselling course and in line to complete subsequent levels.
I am a singer, composer of songs and a writer.
I have the experience of serving from my previous church (Elim Pentecostal Right Now Jesus Centre-London) as part of the leadership of the women’s fellowship for 5 years. I also served as an active member in my church choir, drama and youth group for 10 years.
I am married to Mr. Edem Amewowor, the Founder of Purpose Driven Men (PDM) and Make It Happen (MIH). I now worship at Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC) under the leadership of Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo.
I have always been conscious and passionate about marriage and relationships even as a child thus, I am not surprised that this passion led to my starting Single WITH A LIFE (SWAL), an organisation for singles and young people. In my mid-tweenties when there was no sign of a boyfriend, I suffered from a disease called Desperation which I believe is very familiar to most singles in the 21st century. This desperation led to my pursuit after knowledge when a friend who is now my husband introduced me to the marriage and relationship teachings by the late Dr. Myles Munroe. I later discovered from the knowledge acquired that I was very naive about marriage and had no life because, all I was living for was for marriage and nothing more! I then decided to take control of my life by making my life count through discovering and pursuing my purpose whiles enjoying the singleness ride with Jesus on my side until that time when my prince charming would show up. I believe I must have a life I am proud to own whether married or single!
I started SWAL as a way of passing on this knowledge to all singles and young people because, I believe the period of being unmarried is necessary in one’s life and so important in developing one’s Spiritual, mental, financial and emotional maturity etc, enjoying life and making the most out of it by discovering and pursuing purpose whiles preparing towards marriage.
I am grateful to God for the grace to discover and serve my purpose in my singleness. I look back to singleness with no regrets because of the many lives that have and are being transformed as a result of deciding to make a difference in my generation. I trust that this organisation will help all singles to take control of their lives, appreciate the time they have, use it wisely and live effectively because, Life does not start after marriage, life starts NOW!!!
My desire is to see people especially; women, singles and young people equipped with the necessary tools to be successful in discovering and pursuing their God given purpose on earth and be effective in all areas of life regardless of family background or childhood experiences. During my 1:2:1 coaching which I provide through my other platform Turning POINT Coaching Services, I will provide you with personalised tips and guidelines to help you navigate through challenging areas of life either on short or long term basis in order to bring meaning to your life.
ABOUT THE LEADERSHIP
SWAL has 43 members serving as Group coordinators, Team leaders and Assistant team leaders mainly from Ghana and Nigeria working as volunteers on a full and part time basis who forms part of the leadership and management team.
All these leaders were raised from our whatsApp group who were approached by the CEO and Founder: Mrs Peace Amewowor and offered training about the SWAL vision as a result of their activeness during the daily discussions and their demonstration of understanding the SWAL vision.
Some of these leaders have been through a 4 week training on whatsApp and at least one yearly face to face training in Ghana just before our Effective Singles Conference.
SWAL has raised over 60 members of the whatsApp group as leaders who served as coordinators at some point within the past 4 years. Some of these coordinators who are still in touch with SWAL have now moved on to pursue their own visions.
It is inspiring to know that most of these leaders began the process of leading people through SWAL as part of their personal busy schedules as full time students and/or full time workers.
SWAL takes pride in her leaders especially because of their sacrificial service and willingness to learn to impact the lives of singles on a daily basis.
LEADERS TRAINING SESSION_2016
LEADERS TRAINING SESSION_2017
LEADERS TRAINING SESSION_VIDEO
SWAL FIRST 5 YEARS IMPACT AND ACHIEVEMENTS HISTORY
SUMMARY OF IMPACT
The most common impact of the SWAL vision on members are;
- Spiritual maturity (Relationship with God)
- Change of wrong mindset
- Understanding the importance of singleness
- Purpose discovery
- Decision making
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership skills
- Graphic designing and video editing skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Team work
- Educational doors
- Building long lasting friendships
- Starting healthy relationships
- Miraculous job opportunities
- Physical and emotional Healing
- Starting and Creation of new businesses
- Understanding the importance of marriage
- Engagements and Marriages
- Miss Peace Lari Adams who is now Mrs. Peace Amewowor started SWAL and run the vision successfully as a single lady for four (4) years before she got married.
- The SWAL Facebook page was launched on 13th February, 2015 and had over 2,000 followers within two (2) weeks.
- The Facebook page currently has almost 15,000 followers across the globe.
- Peace Amewowor has hosted over 70 Facebook Live broadcast on topics related to singles within the 5yrs of running the SWAL Vision
- The First SWAL whatsApp group was created on 13th July, 2015 with about 40 members and has had over 800 members passing through it.
- SWAL currently has two International WhatsApp groups with has members from Ghana, Nigeria, Qatar, United states of America, France and United Kingdom.
- SWAL has 17 Team groups run by Team leaders and assistant team leaders raised from the whatsApp group.
- SWAL has raised over 60 Leaders from the whatsApp group who served the vision as Group and Event coordinators.
- SWAL currently have 30 coordinators, Team leaders and Assistant Team Leaders based in Ghana, Nigeria, France and United States of America.
- SWAL has held three (3) singles hangouts in Ghana, two (2) in the United Kingdom and one (1) in Nigeria.
- SWAL has held three (3) singles event/seminar in Ghana which is now called the Effective Singles Conference.
- SWAL runs a prayer marathon on whatsApp and a quarterly whole month fasting and prayer on Facebook live and YouTube.
- SWAL has over 220 Educative, fun activities and testimony videos on Facebook and YouTube.
- Peace Amewowor learnt her designing and editing skills through running the SWAL vision. 98% of all SWAL videos were edited and uploaded on social media by her. She also, designed the SWAL official website
- Peace Amewowor’s passion for learning new skills inspired many SWALians to learn how to edit videos and design posters with their phones with a few using professional software.
- All SWAL official logo, souvenirs, posters, banners and flyers are designed by SWALians for free!
- Thirty Four (34) of our singles got married which led to the birth of our second Vision; Married WITH A LIFE (MWAL) Founded on 15th December 2018.
- SWAL has recorded Three (3) Royal weddings (that is marriage between two SWALians). The first Royal wedding was between the CEO and Mr. Edem Amewowor; the man who inspired her to discover the SWAL vision.
- SWAL has seventeen (17) Grand-children called MWALiets (Children by our Married members)
- 80% of SWALians are Teachers and Ewes from the Volta Region of Ghana (A mystery yet to be unraveled)
- SWAL has 3 official Songs composed by members with 5 unoffical songs yet to be perfected.
- The CEO; Peace Ameowor has published her second book called THE MANDATE. which is about the SWAL vision.
- SWALians have also published a book about their experience with SWAL called THE IMPACT.
For more information please visit the whatsApp Group section or the homepage.